Perhaps one of the greatest ways to celebrate Valentine’s is to make a fun treat for that special love in your life; even if that special someone is a bit on the furry side. Yes, I’m speaking about our beloved pets. After all, who loves us like no other and who sees as their own personal Valentine each and every day?
So, whip on your chef’s hat and let’s prepare to make some easy, delicious and healthy treats for your dog found via Pretty Fluffy dog blog.
::PUPPY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS::
1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
1 Cup Peanut Butter
3 Cups Rolled Oats
1. Combine the milk and peanut butter in a mixer until it forms a paste.
2. Add the oats 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time ensuring they are fully coated and no dry spots form.
You will be left with a heavy mixture.
3. Scoop out bite sized pieces with a spoon and roll into little balls.
4. Place on a flat tray lined with baking paper.
5. Pop them in the fridge for one hour.
* Makes 25-30 treats.
* Treats can last up to 2 weeks stored in the fridge.
* Use a gentle pressure when rolling the balls. The mixture can be sticky and overly handling it can cause it to crumble.
* Milk can be substituted with other dairy free variations for dogs with allergies.